What do we use your Direct Appeal donations for? Mostly fulfilling grant requests from BHS staff.
We just had our first Fall grants distribution (usually we wait until January), and here are a few examples of what we were thrilled to give out:
- $3225 to the Music department to purchase music stand and chairs to accommodate their 20% increase, and $750 to purchase a new snare drum
- $1,568 to Business and Marketing to buy a new ice machine- smoothies in the Activity Center!
- $2,502 for new Chromebook laptop computers for the Math department- no more jockeying for position!
- $130 to the French Club (actually granted from the Teacher Support Fund, but still from your donations). The great thing about this one was that students presented the request- very impressive
- $1,750 to the Talisman, the school newspaper, going on its 100th year!
- $1720 to World Language in support of new and innovate materials
Having been through three of these grant meetings now, this one was an especially gratifying. The range of departments, clubs, and other valuable school organizations making requests, the involvement of the students, and just getting to hear about all of the great things we are doing to make Ballard High School such an excellent educational environment for all Ballard High Students.
Thank you for making an impact, and if you have not donated, please do so today!