On October 24, 2017, the Ballard High School Grants Committee was convened at Ballard High School. It was a long afternoon and evening! The committee heard about 30 presentations from your Ballard High School staff, and we are thrilled to have given out more than $55,000 in grants!
To give you an idea of what we funded:
- $11,000 to the Science Department for brand-new microscopes with rechargeable batteries, a new set of laptops (and we threw in a cart for them too!), and super-cool macro lenses that Botany students can put on their phones–as well as other needed supplies
- Another (another!) Smart Projector for the Math Department
- Over $4,500 to World Language for brand-new headphones, general supplies, and guest visits
- $2,000 to Michael James’s effort to raise funds for a brand-new concert tuba
- $3,500 to the Special Education Department for new laptops, education assessments, and other supplies
- Over $3,500 to Health and Fitness for new weights and other items
- $5,000 toward a new Mindfulness program at BHS
- We even helped our World Champion Robotics Club to the tune of over $3,000
This post may be light-hearted and fun, but we take how we use your dollars very seriously. Read more here about the process we use to be able to help cultivate an excellent educational environment for all Ballard High School students. And read here about, and donate today, to the Ballard High School PTSA Direct Appeal program, fundraiser we run over the Fall and Winter to fund these awesome grants.
The above is why so many of your Ballard High School PTSA do this. We enjoy the process, the meeting, the opportunities to get to interact with our wonderful staff and students, and the ability you give us with your fantastic support, to help achieve our mission: Create an inclusive, supportive community that cultivates a tradition of excellence for all students.